BLOG: Leadership InsightsGet Email Updates
Molly Fletcher’s Expert Advice at the Virtual Women in Leadership Institute | The 2020 Institute Concludes
Today, we conclude the 21st annual Women in Leadership Institute™—and the first-ever 100% virtual Institute. What a week it has been!
Be sure to check out our full blog coverage on all four days of the conference, including takeaways from Maria Howard, Glennon Doyle and Soledad O’Brien, and Liz Wiseman and Carla Harris. And, if you want even more coverage, there are key insights from Alan Mulally and the “Women, Race and Advancement in the Workplace” panel.
Let’s dive into insights from Molly Fletcher, who helped us conclude this extraordinary week:
Molly Fletcher on the “Influential” Commitment
Dubbed “the Female Jerry McGuire,” former sports agent Molly Fletcher shared her story of success as a powerful woman leader in a male-dominated, super-competitive field—the world of professional sports. In her keynote, she focused on the importance and the power of negotiation, and how that aligns with being an influential leader. Molly discussed the importance of relationship-building to best position yourself to influence, and gave us tools and her best tips to propel each of us on our own leadership journeys.
- The ability to connect is imperative to being influential.
- Truly influential leaders are their own biggest advocates; they ask for what they want and need (and receive it).
- Influential leaders impact important organizational decisions, and being able to negotiate in these situations is critical to ensuring the future you want—for both yourself and your organization.
- Whom we choose to give our energy to is incredibly important to us as women.
More from Molly Fletcher:
- Blog: Do These 3 Things to Be a Better Virtual Negotiator | We must adapt to our surroundings and access new best practices to close the deal virtually, explains Molly in this must-read blog post.
- Podcast: Game Changers with Molly Fletcher | This energizing podcast from Molly is designed to help you maximize your influence and unleash your potential. In each episode, Molly takes you behind the scenes with peak performers to learn their secrets to success and discover how you can apply their lessons to your life. Join Molly each week to hear from her special guests—top athletes and coaches, transformative CEOs, brilliant thought leaders, and entrepreneurs and trailblazers from around the world. Subscribe now on iTunes or Google Play.
- Blog: #LinkageWIL Inspiration Series: Molly Fletcher, Trailblazing Sports Agent on Resilience | As women leaders, we need to be intentional about our ability to recover fast, explains Molly. Check out these 3 ways to increase your resiliency in difficult times.
Women in Leadership Institute™
NOV. 13–16, 2023 | Orlando, Florida, or Virtual
Enrich Your inbox
with timely, relevant leadership insights
Join more than 15,000 others and subscribe to Linkage Leadership Insights: your resource for leadership development-related topics that matter to you, from the advancement of women leaders to diversity and inclusion and purposeful leadership. Plus, get all the latest Linkage news delivered to your inbox.
Start Your Journey
Speak with a Linkage expert today