BLOG: Leadership InsightsGet Email Updates
The Potential of Just a Few Minutes…
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris Bueller
Craig Jarrow author of Time Management Ninja sets out to help individuals and companies reclaim their time. From his post 21 Things You Could Do In Just 5 Minutes he states “5 minutes is more than enough time to get a small task done. And small tasks add up to big productivity.” Sometimes, what matters most, is what you do with the little times.
With your next spare five minutes try to:
- Answer 5 emails.
- Return a phone call.
- Read a few pages of a book. (On your phone or iPad.)
- Tell someone how much you appreciate them.
- Listen to someone tell you a story. (And just be there.)
- Write in your journal. It doesn’t have to be long. A few notes here and there add up quick.
- Pay someone a complement.
- Do a favor for someone. (Even a stranger…)
- Review your calendar.
- Affirm your goals. (They are written down, right?)
- Listen to a motivation song.
- Check your todo list. (If you don’t look at it, it can’t have your back.)
- Clean your workspace.
- Go for a walk, around the office.
- Text someone just to say you love or miss them.
- Do a quick task. (Or even a couple.)
- Delegate an item that you have been holding up.
- Slow down and catch your breath.
- Add a new phone number to your address book.
- Do some preventative maintenance. (Before there is an issue!)
- Enjoy where you are… you will never be in that exact moment again.
To read the full post, click here
What do you do with your spare minutes?
Women in Leadership Institute™
NOV. 13–16, 2023 | Orlando, Florida, or Virtual
Enrich Your inbox
with timely, relevant leadership insights
Join more than 15,000 others and subscribe to Linkage Leadership Insights: your resource for leadership development-related topics that matter to you, from the advancement of women leaders to diversity and inclusion and purposeful leadership. Plus, get all the latest Linkage news delivered to your inbox.
Start Your Journey
Speak with a Linkage expert today