Leadership InsightsGet Email Updates
Seven Steps to Optimizing Your Succession Planning System
- Build a development mindset in your organization—Choose to manage people as tangible assets while motivating employees to help drive performance
- Drive organization alignment both domestically and internationally—Be integrated with the overall business model and ask, “why are we doing it?”
- Inspire a “learning organization”—Document and discuss the lessons learned, both positive and negative, while being open-minded, responding to change, and rewarding risk taking
- Ensure data driven decision-making—Data analysis leads to credibility. Measure improvements in leadership pipelines, diversity, progression and
- Segment, align, and develop talent—Critical to driving operational excellence and organic growth. Succession planning should not be viewed as a single process
- Continually assess your performance culture—Make sure employees on benchmarks are performers
- Gain the support and participation of the CEO or President in the process. This is essential to achieving positive results and driving change
Do you have a formal succession plan for your organization in place?
Advancing Women Leaders Academy
A 9-module, on-site learning experience that seeks to equip women with actionable steps and practices to address the barriers that impede their advancement in the workplace, including the Inner Critic.
Enrich Your inbox
with timely, relevant leadership insights
Join more than 15,000 others and subscribe to Linkage Leadership Insights: your resource for leadership development-related topics that matter to you, from change and transition management to innovation to coaching and more.
Start Your Journey
Speak with a Linkage expert today