BLOG: Leadership InsightsGet Email Updates
10 Must-Have Leadership Quotes from #LinkageGILD
Recently, 500+ leaders came together in Palm Desert, California for a week of inspiration, discovery, and transformation at Linkage’s Global Institute for Leadership Development® (GILD). Watch the recap video.
We heard some truly thought-provoking messages from subject matter experts, thought leaders, and creative thinkers–and what better way to get inspired than by diving into the knowledge they shared?
Start your week off right with 10 inspirational quotes from #LinkageGILD:
- “Leadership is a social construct. It is less about the title we carry and more about the commitments we make.” –Rachael Marangu, GILD Executive Director
- “We need a reason to get up in the morning beyond ourselves. Purpose is not a goal–it’s a direction and a mindset.” –Richard Leider, GILD Co-Chair; Founder & Chair, Inventure Group; Author
- “We have to start practicing asking for what we want. Inconvenience someone this week. I dare you to say no.” –Susan MacKenty Brady, EVP, Linkage Solutions
- “Difference is the new normal. Difference, even if it seems like a limitation, is what makes us thrive.” –Elise Roy, Human-Centered Designer, Motivational Speaker
- “Leaders want to do something that matters. They want to touch people in the process and they want to leave behind a legacy.” –Mark Hannum, SVP, Research and Development, Linkage
- “Be more brave about the person you want to be. Have more courage to take the risk of falling.” –Sean Kavanagh, Brand Ambassador, Ariel
- “When you bring your authentic self to the table, people trust you.” –Carla Harris, Vice Chairman, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- “Your biggest multiplier as a leader? People. They work together and inspire others. People are your multipliers.” –Ram Charan, Best Selling Author and Advisor to CEO’s
- “If you care deeply enough about something, you can make a difference.” – Julia Gillard, First Woman to Serve as Deputy Prime Minister, Prime Minister
- “The only thing that exists is the present. Confront whatever life brings. Don’t forget to live today.” –Nando Parrado, Survivor of the 1972 Andes Mountain Plane Crash; Author
GILD attendees, tell us! What moments resonated with you? Share your comments with us below.
Just announced! Linkage’s Global Institute for Leadership Development® will take place on September 16-19, 2019 in Palm Desert, CA.
Women in Leadership Institute™
NOV. 1–4, 2022 | Orlando, Florida, or Virtual
Enrich Your inbox
with timely, relevant leadership insights
Join more than 15,000 others and subscribe to Linkage Leadership Insights: your resource for leadership development-related topics that matter to you, from the advancement of women leaders to diversity and inclusion and purposeful leadership. Plus, get all the latest Linkage news delivered to your inbox.
Start Your Journey
Speak with a Linkage expert today