BLOG: Leadership InsightsGet Email Updates
A Life-Changing Experience Concludes at #LinkageWIL | Day 4
As we conclude yet another Women in Leadership Institute™, I’m feeling an immense sense of gratitude for our incredible faculty and the 900+ women leaders who joined us in Phoenix this year. Your energy, sincerity, courage, and willingness to be all in left us inspired.
If you’ve been following our journey during #LinkageWIL through these daily blog posts, we hope that you’ve found yourself nodding along to some of the takeaways. If you haven’t already, share these highlights with colleagues and friends. Multiply the knowledge and spread the goodness.
Let’s dive into Day 4 of #LinkageWIL:
Keynote: Carla Harris on Being Influential
Carla Harris reminded us that, “Leadership is a journey from execution to empowerment.” You must engage with others in a way that empowers them. Give up the role of executing—you can’t get to second base when your foot is still on first. She guarantees that when you bring your authentic self to the table, people will trust you. And that trust is at the heart of any successful relationship.
If you’re going to maintain your relevance as a leader, you must commit to invest. You have to be intentional around your leadership and about how you show up as a leader. You must fully commit in these eight areas: Authenticity, building trust, bringing clarity, creating leaders, diversity, teaching your team how to fail, inclusion, and your voice.
Carla left us with a powerful message: “Don’t play small.” There is no need to play it safe. Own your value. Be intentional about what you go after. Show up every day as an intentional leader.
What we learned:
- When you bring your authentic self to the table, you will always outperform.
- Inclusive leaders solicit other people’s voices. You may be the most senior person in the room, but that does not mean that you are the smartest person in the room.
- Ideas are born from perspectives. Perspectives are born from experiences. Experiences are born from people.
- Leaders don’t compete, they disrupt.
- People don’t fear change. What they fear is uncertainty. Fear has no place in your success equation.
- If you are invited to the room, you belong in the room. If you belong in the room, you have a seat at the table. If you have a seat at the table, you have a responsibility to use your voice.
- You can lead from any seat.
Since 1999, Linkage’s Women in Leadership Institute™ (WIL), a four-day immersive learning experience, has equipped more than 10,000 women with actionable strategies to overcome the seven hurdles women often face in the workplace.
Women in Leadership Institute™
NOV. 13–16, 2023 | Orlando, Florida, or Virtual
Enrich Your inbox
with timely, relevant leadership insights
Join more than 15,000 others and subscribe to Linkage Leadership Insights: your resource for leadership development-related topics that matter to you, from the advancement of women leaders to diversity and inclusion and purposeful leadership. Plus, get all the latest Linkage news delivered to your inbox.
Start Your Journey
Speak with a Linkage expert today