BLOG: Leadership InsightsGet Email Updates
Do you need to think more strategically?
Through our work with over 60,000 leaders worldwide, Linkage has identified strategic thinking as a skill central to leadership success.
Strategic thinking lies at the heart of Linkage’s Leadership Assessment Instrument (LAI™)–a self- and multi-rater assessment developed in partnership with Dr. Warren Bennis. The LAI™ measures the competencies, skills, and responsibilities essential for effective leadership.
Are you a strategic thinker? Do you…
- Ensure that short-term activities support long-term strategic goals
- Anticipate change and driving decisions to take advantage of opportunities and minimize threats
- Ensure that processes, systems, and measurements are in place to support strategic objectives
- Clearly define and communicate strategic direction
- Translate broad strategic initiatives into specific actions and milestones
Do you want to help your team think more strategically? Try this short exercise:
- Begin with the end in mind: what is your organizational, departmental, or team Desired Future State?
- Next, assess your Current State. Where is your team in relation to the Desired Future?
- Finally, what actions will be necessary to progress from your Current to your Desired Future State?
Was this exercise helpful? Post your thoughts, comments, and suggestions. Stay tuned for more exercises, tips, and tools designed to help you become a more effective leader. Interested in learning more? Feel free to contact us at anytime for more information on our Leadership Assessment Instrument™ or Strategic Thinking course.
Women in Leadership Institute™
NOV. 1–4, 2022 | Orlando, Florida, or Virtual
Enrich Your inbox
with timely, relevant leadership insights
Join more than 15,000 others and subscribe to Linkage Leadership Insights: your resource for leadership development-related topics that matter to you, from the advancement of women leaders to diversity and inclusion and purposeful leadership. Plus, get all the latest Linkage news delivered to your inbox.
Start Your Journey
Speak with a Linkage expert today