Leadership InsightsGet Email Updates
Built To Last: The Six Ways Successful Teams Do It by Glenn Llopis (Forbes)
Linkage’s Institute for Leading Diversity & Inclusion™ faculty member Glenn Llopis is a frequent contributor to Forbes.com. In his article, 6 Ways Successful Teams Are Built To Last, he notes that “great leadership builds great teams. Team building is both an art and a science and the leader who can consistently build high performance teams is worth their weight in gold.” In his article, he lists the six ways successful teams are built to last:
- Be Aware of How You Work – Be your own boss. Be flexible. Know who you are as a leader.
- Get to Know the Rest of the Team – Think of your team as puzzle pieces that can be placed together in a variety of ways.
- Clearly Define Roles & Responsibilities – A team should operate as a mosaic whose unique strengths and differences convert into a powerful united force.
- Be Proactive with Feedback – Take the time to remind someone of how and what they can be doing better. Learn from them. Don’t complicate the process of constructive feedback. Feedback is two-way communication.
- Acknowledge and Reward – When people are acknowledged, their work brings them greater satisfaction and becomes more purposeful.
- Always Celebrate Success – Celebration is a short-lived activity. Don’t ignore it. Take the time to live in the moment and remember what.
To read his full article, click here>>
Advancing Women Leaders Academy
A 9-module, on-site learning experience that seeks to equip women with actionable steps and practices to address the barriers that impede their advancement in the workplace, including the Inner Critic.
Enrich Your inbox
with timely, relevant leadership insights
Join more than 15,000 others and subscribe to Linkage Leadership Insights: your resource for leadership development-related topics that matter to you, from change and transition management to innovation to coaching and more.
Start Your Journey
Speak with a Linkage expert today