BLOG: Leadership InsightsGet Email Updates
10 Ways to Prepare for Linkage’s Women in Leadership Institute™ (WIL) ̶ Our Largest Institute Ever!
With just a few short weeks to go until we welcome over 1,000 leaders to Linkage’s 20th Annual Women in Leadership Institute™ (WIL), our largest institute to date, it’s time to start thinking about how to prepare for this truly transformational experience.
Our team is eager to welcome you to Phoenix, AZ for what promises to be an inspiring and action-packed week. Make the most of your time at #LinkageWIL by reviewing this helpful list of resources and tips, compiled by our team:
- Registered attendees, get excited! If you’ve never experienced #LinkageWIL before, you may be wondering what to expect. Watch our highlight video featuring some of our favorite moments from last year and get excited for what 2019 will bring. This is our 20th Anniversary and largest institute to date, so we know this year will not only be bigger, but also better than ever!
- Print your assessment. You should have received a link to your personalized 360° Women in Leadership Assessment™ report. Print a copy of the report and take a few minutes to reflect on the data. Jot down your questions and bring a copy with you.
- Practice your elevator pitch. We know how important building your network is, which is why we’ve scheduled multiple networking events at this year’s #LinkageWIL. With the opportunity to meet over 1,000 women leaders from across the country, making an impression and having your elevator pitch down pat is something you’ll be glad you took the time to practice. Don’t forget your business cards!
- Get into the right mindset. According to WIL co-chair Carla Harris, your ability to inspire your team is a direct result of your actions and your behavior – and it creates better results.
- Download a podcast for the flight. Molly Fletcher, former sports agent, entrepreneur, and WIL faculty member, has some fantastic recommendations of podcasts to help you grow as a leader–including “How I Built This” from NPR, which features interviews with the leaders who built some of the nation’s most innovative companies and organizations.
- Get inspired by the stories of other women leaders. Dive into the stories of the recipients of this year’s Women in Leadership Executive Impact Award, including Corinne Mescher, VP Marketing, Global Brand Strategy for MGA Entertainment, who empowers young girls by creating toys that promote creativity, imagination, and interest in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) disciplines. Don’t forget about Barbara Turner, the first woman and person of color to hold the title of President and Chief Operating Officer at Ohio National Financial Services. She launched the Ohio National Women’s Network (OWN), and since then has personally mentored over 70 female employees. Finally, read about Nancy R. Corcoran-Davidoff, Executive Vice President, Chief Experience & Human Resources Officer at Hackensack Meridian Health, whose commitment to advancing women extends well beyond her work.
- Get ready to get social. We will be sharing insights from center stage all week–and we want to add your voice to the conversation. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share your thoughts by using #LinkageWIL.
- Think about what you can do to elevate other women. Yes, many organizations have the best intentions and want to advance women, but sometimes biases get in the way. In this blog post, read about many of the challenges women, organizations and communities face when it comes to advancing women leaders, and start to think about the actions you can take to change this.
- Get ready to find your wolfpack. WIL Faculty member Abby Wambach recently stopped by Uber to discuss her new book, the importance of finding your wolfpack, and what it takes to be part of a group of people who really want to create positive change. Watch the full conversation here.
- Prepare to continue your leadership journey after WIL. Your leadership journey doesn’t end after WIL, following the Institute, you will be granted access to our Leader for Life series. This series is only available to WIL alumnae and is designed to empower you to work to further refine and meet your goals.
Didn’t get a chance to register before we sold out? Save the date for 2020 and join us from November 9-12 in Dallas, Texas!
Women in Leadership Institute™
NOV. 13–16, 2023 | Orlando, Florida, or Virtual
Enrich Your inbox
with timely, relevant leadership insights
Join more than 15,000 others and subscribe to Linkage Leadership Insights: your resource for leadership development-related topics that matter to you, from the advancement of women leaders to diversity and inclusion and purposeful leadership. Plus, get all the latest Linkage news delivered to your inbox.
Start Your Journey
Speak with a Linkage expert today