Your Time Is Now!
How Women Leaders Can Address the Inner Critic and the 7 Hurdles to Career Advancement
Designed for women leaders at your organization and can be tailored to fit a variety of audiences, including more senior women leaders or rising women leaders.
Engage women leaders with accessible and actionable programming to help them scale the hurdles to advancement.
Women leaders, what is holding you back from advancing at work, and what can you do about it?
Only a little more than a third of corporate director and VP roles are held by women, and while those numbers are improving, progress toward gender parity has been slow. In this interactive keynote session, an expert Linkage speaker will explore the trends impacting women in today’s workforce—using Linkage’s data from thousands of leaders—including the unique path that women face as they ascend the leadership ranks.
During this keynote, you will deepen your understanding of the “Inner Critic,” the uber hurdle challenging women today. In addition, you will learn about the seven other high hurdles to advancement for women in the workplace. Our Linkage speakers will guide you through the hurdles and identify actionable strategies to scale them.
When women do scale these hurdles, the opportunities are endless!
In this session, you will:
- Learn how your Inner Critic drives what you think and do and holds you back from advancement
- Recognize your Inner Critic and learn a practice for returning to your Compassionate Center
- Learn how to manage your Inner Critic by using your Inner Coach
- Understand the seven hurdles, and how the Inner Critic can make those hurdles harder to glide over
- 1-hour keynote, virtual or in-person at your organization
- Facilitated by one of Linkage’s Advancing Women Leaders experts
- Collaboration with Linkage team to ensure the session best fits your talent development and organizational goals to ensure maximum impact
- Add–on measurement tools: Advancing Women Leaders 360° Assessment and Advancing Women Leaders Organizational Assessment
- Add-on programming: Advancing Women Leaders Digital Academy, Advancing Women Leaders Academy, Advancing Women Leaders Essentials, Advancing Women Leaders Virtual Sessions, Advancing Women Leaders Game Changer Negotiation Program, and Coaching
- Add-on material: IN HER OWN VOICE: A WOMAN’S RISE TO CEO by premier leadership expert and CEO of Linkage, Jennifer McCollum
One in four women may choose to downshift their careers or opt out of the workforce entirely. Now is the time to meet women where they are and provide them with the engaging content they need at a critical time.
Meet Our Experts
Vice President, Revenue & Principal Consultant, Linkage, a SHRM Company
Shannon Bayer, JD, is the Vice President of Revenue at Linkage, a SHRM company. In this role, she oversees the team responsible for selling Linkage’s comprehensive suite of leadership development solutions. She partners closely with her team to foster and grow client relationships that are focused on creating the optimal solution for each organization based on their talent development goals.
Shannon also serves in a client-facing capacity as Principal Consultant, where she brings 10+ years of facilitation experience. She is highly regarded as a top-notch facilitator who is ready to respectfully challenge the status quo and take leaders to the next level. Shannon brings an in-depth expertise and a passion for designing and implementing programs focused on advancing women in leadership—and empowering each leader with the knowledge they need to transform how they show up in their role and drive change in their organization.
Women Leaders, Your Time Is Now! Addressing the Inner Critic and the 7 Hurdles to Your Career Advancement
The impact of the COVID-19 public health and economic crisis has been far-reaching, and women in the workplace have been disproportionately affected. As women navigate the hurdles to advancement during a crisis, advancement becomes even harder to achieve.
How can women continue to prioritize their advancement, along with the myriad other challenges and stressors they are experiencing, during this once-in-a-generation crisis?
During this interactive keynote session, we will explore the “Inner Critic” and the seven other high hurdles to advancement for women in the workplace. Informed by more than 20 years of coaching and assessing women, Linkage knows the path to leadership for women is different.
The Inner Critic is the voice inside our head that is critical of ourselves and others. It drives our thoughts and actions and can lead us astray by stifling our opinions and desires, preventing us from making decisions and hampering relationships. Understanding what triggers our Inner Critic and knowing how to return to our Compassionate Center—the place where we pause, get curious, and deploy compassion to ourselves and others—is key for women leaders to advance their careers.
In this session, participants will explore:
- How your Inner Critic drives what you think and do and holds you back from advancement
- How to recognize your Inner Critic and learn a practice for returning to your Compassionate Center
- How to manage your Inner Critic by using your Inner Coach
- The seven hurdles, and how the Inner Critic can make those hurdles harder to glide over
Take the Next Step
Multiply Your Impact
Looking for more ways to accelerate the development of high-potential women leaders at your organization? Pair the Keynote: Women Leaders, Your Time Is Now! Addressing the Inner Critic and the 7 Hurdles to Your Career Advancement with additional leadership development programming to scale your strategy to advance women leaders.