The Global Institute for Leadership Development® (GILD) is a proven, immersion-learning leadership development program known for accelerating the development of existing and future leaders. This five-day, competency and skill-based experience inspires leaders to new levels of effectiveness through practical solutions that enable them to transform their teams, their organizations, and their communities.
GILD can be leveraged as a stand-alone learning program, or as an educational component of a multifaceted, tailored leadership development solution called the Linkage Leadership Excellence and Acceleration Process™.
The Global Institute for Leadership Development offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn, share, network and collaborate with hundreds of other leaders from around the globe. With nearly 50% of participants working at a vice-president level or above, GILD attendees range from high-potential emerging leaders to seasoned C-suite executives. They include:
- Individuals identified as successor candidates or high-potentials with less than 10 years of management experience
- Individuals serving as strategic leaders with enterprise-wide focus and long-term impact (e.g., general managers, vice presidents, business unit leaders, staff function leaders, and C-suite executives)
- Intact leadership teams (the direct reports to the Senior Leaders described above) who customize their GILD experience to achieve a unique off-site team experience that blends leadership development and team building
- Read GILD alumni perspectives on the program, collected from a Spring 2016 participant survey. For a copy of the full survey, please contact us at email@example.com
Phase 1: Your Leadership Assessment
GILD is a great experience on its own—but it’s even better when it’s tailored just for you.
Before you join us in Palm Springs, you’ll complete the Leadership Assessment Instrument™ (LAI), a comprehensive 360º assessment designed around our High Impact Leadership Model™, which serves as the foundation for all we do at GILD. This assessment provides feedback from not only you, but also your peers, manager, and direct reports.
Based on your assessment, we’ll develop your Leadership Assessment Profile™, a custom report we will share with you upon your arrival at GILD. Your profile will include a detailed summary of your leadership competencies and skills, including strengths and areas for improvement. Your profile informs your development road map. Learn more about your personal GILD road map.
To see Phase 2, click the arrow to the right.
Phase 2: Your Leadership Coach
In more than 25 years of executive and leadership development and coaching, we’ve worked with thousands of individuals, leaders, and leadership teams. At GILD, we leverage this breadth of experience to provide one-on-one coaching for all of our program participants.
Based on your LAI assessment results, an expert coach will work with you one-on-one to explore your leadership strengths and opportunities, and to build an action plan to turn potential into advancement and results.
You’ll meet with your personal coach for two one-hour, in-person coaching sessions while you attend GILD. Four to six weeks after the Institute, you will virtually connect for your third leadership coaching session—this follow-up session is critical to your on-going development and to discern your progress. Learn more about the executive coaches at GILD.
To see Phase 3, click the arrow to the right.
Phase 3: Learn Leadership Lessons from Experts
At the heart of GILD is our core learning curriculum, filled with world-class instruction, led by more than 50 leadership experts from around the globe.
To provide diversity and unique perspective at every turn, our faculty includes a blend of current and past CEOs, world leaders, best-selling authors, humanitarians, renowned educators, and expert coaches and facilitators. Enjoy a 4:1 participant to faculty ratio that allows for in-depth learning opportunities in a variety of formats, including competency-based sessions, peer learning groups, informal networking, lectures, and one-on-one coaching. Learn more about GILD's award winning faculty.
To see Phase 4, click the arrow to the right.
Phase 4: Small groups – Big conversations
Part of what makes GILD so unique is the opportunity to connect with other leaders from around the world. Beyond the networking sessions and people you’ll meet, you will join a facilitator-led learning team with 15-18 other leaders. You will meet every day for a daily “download” and learning exchange. You’ll discuss the day’s faculty line-up and session topics, share personal experiences, and discuss how these lessons relate to yourchallenges and opportunities. These small groups are what GILD is all about—leaders building leaders.
How do you get assigned to your learning team? We consider your experience, scope of responsibility, and preferred learning style. If your organization would like your team of leaders to stay together in a learning team, please let us know and we would be happy to work together to customize an agenda for your team. Learn how you will grow your leadership network at GILD.
To see Phase 5, click the arrow to the right.
Phase 5: Continue Your Development beyond GILD
GILD is a five-day program filled with sessions, coaching, and unique learning opportunities—but it’s only five days. The real work begins when you resume your daily role within your organization.
GILD is hands-on to help you succeed when you return to “real life.” Make use of your 360° results and leverage the tools and new approaches you’ve learned. Stay in touch with contacts you’ve met at the Institute. Plus, there is your follow-up coaching session and access to Linkage's Year of Learning™. You’ll continue to learn so that when you return to the office, you’ll have a whole new perspective and set of experiences and challenges to build on. Watch an overview of Linkage's Year of Learning.
If your organization is interested in a customized leadership development solution that integrates GILD with additional leadership development experiences, contact us about Linkage's Leadership Excellence and Acceleration Process™ (LEAP).
Venue & Logistics
1-3 participants: $5,995/person
For other GILD customization pricing,
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
74855 Country Club Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Please note that the hotel charges are not included in the Institute registration fee. Institute participants should contact the hotel directly to arrange for accommodations. A limited block of rooms will be available at a special event rate. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please make your reservation early.
- Payment: Full tuition must be received in US funds. Group reservations will be billed to the primary contact unless otherwise specified.
- Cancellation: A $350 administrative fee will be applied to any cancellation at any time. After September 18, 2017, cancellation of any and all registrations—including “no shows”—is subject to the full Institute fee. An organization may substitute one executive for another at any time at no charge.
What is a typical day at GILD like?
Every day will likely leave you thinking, “...Wow, that was an intense day of learning and personal reflection on what I need to do to become an even better leader!” Each day, you’ll be challenged to think differently by world-class thought leaders, and in your one-on-one coaching sessions and learning team discussions. You’ll receive feedback, including insight from your coach on how your colleagues perceive you as a leader. You’ll network with other global leaders and share your perspectives during your small-group "Learning Team" sessions.
- Designed around a leadership competency model to ensure you're learning the most relevant content for your advancement
- 360º assessment for real insight on your own personal leadership strengths and development areas, as noted by yourself and your direct reports, managers, and colleagues
- One-on-one leadership development coaching based on your assessment results and dialogue
- Facilitated small-group learning sessions ("learning teams," see below) with peers who are benchmarked to ensure common leadership challenges and levels of experience
- Ongoing learning and development resources provided by Linkage throughout the year